Upgraded Infrastructure Transition
In order to improve our service, we are migrating our infrastructure to a new and upgraded platform.
The upgraded infrastructure will provide:
- Enhanced reliability and stability
- Improved performance and faster response times
- Strengthened security measures
We understand the essential role our services play in your operations, and we want to assure you that our team is dedicated to making this transition as seamless as possible with minimal expected downtime.
Please note the following important details:
December 1st, 2023
We will launch the user and tenant migration, which marks the start of the freeze period: We will create a backup of all your data as of this date, and your workspace on the new system will reflect this state. Important: If you continue to work on your workspace after 1 December, you are responsible for the backup of this additional or modified data before 15 December and its restoration on the new system.
Expected Downtime: We anticipate minimal service interruption during the transition. However, a brief period of downtime may occur.
December 16th, 2023
End of the migration period. If you have tenant resources, you will receive an E-Mail with:
- New endpoints to reach Openstack APIs
- New endpoints to reach S3 buckets,
- An invite to join your organisation and to access your infrastructure.
We are working actively towards a smooth transition of your infrastructure, and the main changes will be performed by our teams. The changes relate to:
- Public IP adresses (FIP) will change,
- Public network,
- Shared storage will be also restored on new instance hosted on an NFS server in your project, as the Share File Storage (SFS) as a service will be no longer available in the new Openstack cluster.
On the new infrastructure, you will have to restore eventual additional backups you have created during the freeze period.
If you have tenant resources, then please pay attention that as the WEkEO public IP addresses will change, you may have to change your DNS servers and any whitelisting/blacklisting implemented on your firewalls of your own infrastructure.
If you have any inquiries or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact our support team at email@example.com.