WEkEO Online Webinar n.3 — “Copernicus applications for Sustainable Tourism in WEkEO”
“Copernicus applications for Sustainable Tourism in WEkEO” is the third of six new webinars during which several resources available in the WEkEO DIAS will be showcased by leading experts. Participants will learn, through representative examples, how to use Copernicus & Sentinel data to develop new applications. The WEkEO webinars have been designed to provide hands-on training to existing as well as new WEkEO users.
Recordings of these events will be available on WEkEO YouTube Channel.
Objectives of the Webinar
Webinar #3 will introduce the participants to concrete applications for Sustainable Tourism using the Copernicus data available in WEkEO. The event will include:
- An introductory part on the unique features of WEkEO for the development of new applications.
- A live demo that will showcase how to extract complex information using the data available in WEkEO.
The Webinar will be recorded and made available on the WEkEO YouTube Channel, together with other video material.
Leading Experts in Earth Observation applications and WEkEO User Support specialists will be at the disposal of the participants to facilitate the exchanges and answer questions.
- Welcome and introductions
- The WEkEO platform (Stéphane Ourevitch – WEkEO User Support)
- Copernicus for tourism: state of the art and new potential applications (Hayley Evers-King – EUMETSAT)
- Use Case #1 - focus on Copernicus Marine Data (Hayley Evers-King – EUMETSAT)
Break (10 min)
- Use Case #2 - focus on Copernicus Air Quality Data (Federico Fierli – EUMETSAT)
- The CLMS Snow & Ice Product: an example of a Copernicus product (developed in WEkEO) relevant for tourism application (Matteo Mattiuzzi – EEA)
- Q&A (all the WEkEO Experts)
- Final remarks (Stéphane Ourevitch – WEkEO User Support)