WEkEO Online Webinar n.2 — “Copernicus applications for Coastal Zones Environments in WEkEO”
“Copernicus applications for Coastal Zones Environments in WEkEO” is the second of six new webinars during which several resources available in the WEkEO DIAS will be showcased by leading experts. Participants will learn, through representative examples, how to use Copernicus & Sentinel data to develop new applications. The WEkEO webinars have been designed to provide hands-on training to existing as well as new WEkEO users.
Recordings of these events will be available on WEkEO YouTube Channel.
Objectives of the Webinar
Webinar #2 will introduce the participants to concrete applications for Coastal Zones Environments using the Copernicus data available in WEkEO. The event will include:
- An introductory part on the unique features of WEkEO for the development of new applications.
- A live demo that will showcase how to extract complex information using the data available in WEkEO.
The Webinar will be recorded and made available on the WEkEO YouTube Channel, together with other video material.
Leading Experts in Earth Observation applications and WEkEO User Support specialists will be at the disposal of the participants to facilitate the exchanges and answer questions.
Date: 28 April 2022
Part 1 (50 min + 10 min break)
- Welcome and introductions (5 min)
- The WEkEO platform (15 min) Stéphane Ourevitch
- Why are coastal areas so important? The Copernicus Land Monitoring Service point of view (15 min) Ana Sousa
- Introduction to the practical session (15 min) Geoff Smith
Part 2 (60 min)
- Live demo (40 min) Geoff Smith
- Q&A (15 min)
- Final remarks (5 min) Stéphane Ourevitch