HOW TO REGISTER AT WEkEO PORTAL
There are two types of registration on the WEkEO portal. One is the creation of a WEkEO user account, required to download data and access Jupyter Notebooks. This account is required for all the users interested in the essential offer. The other type of registration is only required for users who need to request processing resources (advanced offer).
1. WEkEO User Account
Click on the 'Sign Up' link at the top right corner of the WEkEO portal or directly visit the URL https://wekeo.eu/user/register
This will open the registration form as shown in the example below. The mandatory details in the form are your e-mail address, username (used for login), first name, last name and Organization category. Tick the check boxes for accepting the general terms and conditions and data protection policies.
Click on Create new account button. An email with instructions will be sent to the email address used in the form. This message contains a link that can only be used once to log in and will lead you to a page where you can set your password. After setting your password, you will be able to log in by visiting WEkEO portal and clicking LOG IN at the top right corner of the webpage.
2. Request for processing resources
There are two different ways to request processing resources. Please remember to register on WEkEO before requesting processing resources.
a) Submit this questionnaire
b) Send us an e-mail at email@example.com, including the following information:
- Your name
- WEkEO username
- E-mail address
- Organisation name
- Project name
- Workflow prototype that you would like to execute on WEkEO
- Copernicus data that you will need to run your workflow: Sentinel-1, Sentinel-2, Sentinel-3, Sentinel-5p, CMEMS, CAMS, C3S or/and other.
- Exact name of Copernicus datasets that you need from the Copernicus data available at WEkEO.
- Geographical area of interest
- Time period covered by your workflow
- Computing resources:
- Storage needs (amount, type, characteristics...)
- RAM needs
- Operating system (OS)
- Other needs requested by the user
- Format and approximate volume of data you need to upload
- For orientative purposes: How long would you plan to have your application running on WEkEO?
- How often does your application run in normal conditions, and for how long? (e.g. once a day, for around 1 hour with the VM specifications you mentioned above)